Sunday, January 20, 2008

Another day, another animal

Since we moved to Arkansas, I have been working on fixing up the little house that we are going to live in. Today I went to my house to do some work (we are currently living with the in-laws until our house in habitable), when I pull up and get out there is the sound of a dog barking really close by, but I see no dog. Now, most homes in Ben Lomond are built on a crawl space foundation - i.e. they are up off the ground and don't have a solid concrete foundation. Around the base of the house are small spaces where you can crawl up under the house if you need to (hence the term "crawl space"). Typically, the spaces where you can crawl up under the house are blocked by little gate looking things. Well, on our house, one of the gates is missing and Josh needs to replace it - so any old thing can snuggle up under our house (see where I am going with this).

So, I finally figure out that my neighbor’s dog is stuck under my house because he chased a cat in there and had it cornered!! My neighbor comes out of his house and says "I think my dog done chased a critter up under your house." He then proceeds to crawl under my house and yell for his dog to get out from under the house. The dog finally gives up on the cat, and gets out from under my house, but the cat stayed there. Now, I guess you can look at that as a good thing because if there were any mice under there the cat would eat them. The funny thing was, I was standing in the kitchen later and kept hearing the cat running into the grate things trying to get out. I still don't know if I am cut out for this farm life thing - every day is a new adventure that is for sure!!

0 comments: