Friday, July 25, 2008

A strange question

I went to the doctor yesterday - standard OB check up, but had to fill out some paper work. I'm going down the list of questions, answering yes, no, yes, no when I come across the strangest question I have ever read. It was as follows:

"Are you related to the father of your child (other than by marriage)?"

I read it over and over trying to make sure I understood what I was reading, then when it finally dawned on me that they were asking if my husband was also my brother or cousin, I found this hilariously funny and started laughing out loud in the waiting room! My doctor is on the Texas side in Texarkana, so you can't say that must be a backwoods Arkansas question, but I guess they have run into that problem enough to put it on a questionnaire. SERIOUSLY!!!

0 comments: