Saturday, September 27, 2008

Update

I haven't posted in a while since not much blog worthy has been happening, but here are a couple of updates.

Pregnancy update - Things are still going well so far. My c-section is officially scheduled for Nov. 11 which is just around the corner! Starting next week, I will be having weekly ultrasounds and non-stress tests to make sure my fluid levels are ok and that the baby is doing alright. These additional tests are necessary because of all of the complications I had with Joshua. I am really encouraged right now though because my blood pressure has been fine this pregnancy so far. With Joshua, I started having trouble with my blood pressure at around 26 weeks, so sitting at 32 weeks with normal blood pressure is encouraging. I will keep updating on the pregnancy front as things progress. I think we have settled on a name too.... Julie Kate Walker. We can't wait to meet her!

Recent events - Josh's 10 year high school reunion was this weekend. He hasn't really kept up with anyone from high school so it was a little interesting and awkward. I somewhat forced him to go because I thought it might be a good way for me to meet new people. Living in the sticks, it is a little challenging to meet new friends. I don't know that I met anyone I will end up being best friends with, but it was nice to spend time with people our own age. Joshua had a good time playing outside with other little kids as well.

Not much else has been going on. Next weekend I will be heading to Fort Smith for a baby shower for a very dear friend of mine - Amanda Whittaker. Her baby is due like a week before mine and we are both having girls so it has been fun to share this pregnancy with her.

I will post again soon if anything new and exciting happens :)

2 comments:

Amanda Whittaker said...

Cant wait to see you next weekend! and I LOVE her name. So happy thats what you guys landed on. so sweet. and why dont you come up sunday around lunch so we can have more time together before the shower!! call me this week and let me know your plans.

The Allens said...

So exciting to be so close! I still have several months.