Thursday, January 22, 2009

Trying Two's

Although Joshua wont' turn two until April, he has already started "acting the part" if you know what I mean. I think part of his drama is due to the fact that he is not the center of attention anymore with the recent addition of his baby sister. He is really sweet to her directly, but has been acting out to me and Josh a lot more. Overall, he is a really good boy, but he has been having more and more moodiness and temper tantrums and I just can't figure out the best way to deal with them. Thus far, we have been doing time out in his crib when he throws a fit or blatantly disobeys. He has started to get a little attitude when you tell him no and will look right at me and do whatever I just told him not to do - oh this makes mommy unhappy! He comes by it honestly because both me and Josh are stubborn people so it is only natural that Joshua would be a stubborn little boy as well. I know I need to be more consistent with whatever method of discipline I choose, but it is so hard to know what works the best for a two year old who may or may not really understand what is going on. So, I just thought I would reach out to the masses for some helpful advice on how to best deal with the behaviour that is often associated with two year olds!!

0 comments: