Friday, October 24, 2008

A day in the life of an 18 month old boy

Joshua is my little explorer. He is curious about everything and wants to know what everything is and how it works from light switches to the TV remote to the dishwasher, he wants to participate. Today he was particularly nosy and got into all kinds of mischief. Here are a couple of examples...

1. He found his way into the bathroom (again) where I found him head first in the toilet bowl with his hands splashing around in the water and Joshua squealing in delight. Thank goodness I found him before he fell all the way in and drowned in the toilet!
2. Josh stayed home with Joshua during nap time while I went to my doctors appointment. Apparently, Joshua was not interested in napping while Daddy was home and when Josh went in to check on him, he found Joshua had wiggled out of his pants, removed his diaper and thrown it across the room! Praise Jesus it wasn't a poopy diaper!!!
3. I am preparing dinner and hear a bunch of grunting and banging behind me. I turn around to find Joshua is sitting in the middle of the kitchen table (he climbed up there on his own) and is having a grand ole time turning my salt and pepper shakers upside down!


4. Joshua is eating dinner. He must have not been particularly hungry because he started playing in his food, which I usually don't tolerate, but he got in to it so fast that I hardly had time to react. I look over, he has ravioli in his hair and black eyed peas all over his face, one dangling from his eyelash - he looked so funny that it was hard for me to discipline him without laughing.



5. Josh gave Joshua a bath after dinner. Josh thinks it is increasingly hilarious to let Joshua run around naked with his towel on his head after he takes a bath. I, of course, am always concerned that Joshua will pee all over the place as he running around in his birthday suit. Well, this time, I was proven right, Joshua runs out of the bathroom with his towel as a cape and proceeds to pee all over the floor - guess who got to clean that up - DADDY!!!
I have decided that little kids must have a million little guardian angels watching over them because it seems that we have a number of close calls around our house on a daily basis. Joshua certainly keeps me on my toes and I am wondering how I am going to keep up with him once little Julie arrives - we shall see!

1 comments:

Katie said...

Jennifer, is this what I have to look forward to!? Haha!

I know for sure that Zach has many guardian angels to protect him because I can only do so much! ; )